Australia, renowned for its iconic landscapes and wildlife, attracts international students with its friendly atmosphere, top-notch education, and high living standards. The country offers a diverse experience, from vibrant cities like Sydney and Melbourne to captivating countryside with unique wildlife.

Christmas in Australia falls in the summer season due to its location in the southern hemisphere. The warm and sunny climate aligns with the laid-back Australian lifestyle, where barbecues, or “barbies,” are a beloved social tradition.

The outdoor-centric lifestyle includes activities like swimming, surfing, hiking, and attending music festivals. As an international student, the relaxed atmosphere and job opportunities make living in Australia a fulfilling experience.

  • Australia is one of the English-speaking western countries, located closest to Malaysia.
  • The geographical location of Australia is relatively close to Malaysia, with varying climate conditions. The climate in some cities is not very different from the climate in Malaysia.
  • Australia is a modern country that has many interesting and beautiful sights.
  • Australia has stable social and economic conditions.
  • Australia is a multi-cultural society.
  • The quality of education is high and internationally recognized.
  • Australia has a comfortable and secure living and learning environment.
  • International students receive special protection in Australia (from ESOS Act), which provides quality assurance and maintains international reputation of every educational institution in Australia, as well as protection on educational expense. This protection applies to all sectors of education and training in Australia.
  • Students can apply for a part time work permit of 48 hours per fortnight.
  • Students with a Post Study Work Visa may work for two (2) years after graduating from their bachelor / postgraduate study.
  • Special service is provided by Australian institutions for international students.

Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) is a list of all the course providers and institutions that are allowed to accept international students. Students who want to register for the learning period of more than three (3) months need to obtain an Australian student visa. Student visas are only issued for registered courses in CRICOS. The duration of student visas granted is in accordance with the duration of the programme adopted.

All of these are covered in the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act – laws that protect international students, providing quality assurance of education in Australia and ensures the refund of school fees if the institution cannot fulfil its obligations.

In August 2005, the Department of Immigration & Multicultural & Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) Australia introduced a new type of student visa: “eVisa or Electronic Visa”. DIMIA changed its name to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) in 2014 and in 2017, changed its name to the Department of Home Affair (DHA). With the eVisa method, the application process can be completed within a shorter period and is usually cheaper than the usual method.

SUN Education Group is an accredited agent for the maintenance of eVisa. So, we can provide visa processing services in two (2) ways, namely through eVisa or through the usual process.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) must be owned by all Australian student visa holders, which must be purchased from registered health organizations, such as Medibank Private, Worldcare Assist, Faith International, Australian Unity, BUPA Australia etc. Each institution has its own preferred insurance company. Therefore, OSHC is paid along with tuition, that is before students apply for a visa and the amount paid includes the total duration of the student’s learning. Students who do not have a student visa because the courses are taken less than three (3) months, are not required to have OSHC, but it is advisable to have travel insurance.

This insurance covers the cost of general practitioners, hospital inpatient care and prescription drugs. Eye and dental care are usually not included. Therefore, it is recommended that you check your eyes and teeth before leaving for Australia.

The cost of OSHC is around AUD 500 – AUD 600 per year.

The place and the comfort of your accommodation plays an important role in determining whether or not you stay at home in Australia. Therefore, the selection of proper accommodation in accordance with your needs is one of the main things that need to be considered. The types of accommodation usually occupied by international students in Australia are:

Accommodation on campus (On Campus Accommodation)

Many universities have dormitories. Boarding facilities are generally equipped with a bed, a study table, bathroom, laundry, kitchen, as well as a gathering place. Most dorms provide food. On-campus accommodation costs an average of AUD 230 – AUD 400 per week.

Rented Apartment or House

International students can rent an apartment or house. The amount of the rent paid varies according to the location, space, and the facilities available. Many international students occupy the house or apartment together (sharing). The cost of renting an apartment is AUD 350 – AUD 550 per week. These costs can be saved by inviting friends to stay together so that each tenant only pays half of the cost.

Stay with an Australian Family (Homestay)

Homestay is one of the most effective ways for international students to practice English. It is also a good way to get to know the culture and customs of Australia. Living with a host family provides valuable opportunities to have conversations with them. You can learn more quickly because you are constantly thinking and speaking in English in every situation – a situation that is very practical. You can choose a homestay which includes a meal or just room only. A student who is under 18 years is usually recommended to stay in a homestay in order to get closer supervision from parents. As a guest of a homestay, you are expected to be independent, respectful and willing to cooperate. Homestay fee ranges between AUD 250 – AUD 360 per week (including meals).

At the moment, new student visas issued immediately have a limited work permit/limited work condition. International students may work part time 48 hours per fortnight (two (2) weeks) during college and work full time during the holidays.

Besides getting some allowance, employment opportunities will greatly add to the experience, insight, and independence of students. All these advantages can be a good start for entry into the workplace after graduating from the study.

The minimum wages is $23.23 per hour for casual employment.

UTS College

UNSW Global

University of Adelaide

University of New South Wales

University of Sydney

University of Tasmania

University of Technology Sydney

University of Western Australia

Victoria University

UP Education with:

  • Charles Darwin University
  • Swinburne University of Technology
  • University of Tasmania
Kaplan International Pathway with:

  • University of Adelaide College
  • University of Newcastle College of International Education
  • Murdoch College

Navitas with:

  • Australian College of Applied Professions
  • Charles Sturt University Sydney & Melbourne
  • Curtin College
  • Deakin College
  • Edith Cowan College
  • Eynesbury College
  • Griffith College
  • La Trobe College
  • La Trobe University Sydney
  • SAE Creative Media Institute
  • SAIBT, University of South Australia
  • SIBT, Western Sydney University, Sydney City Campus
  • Taylors College Sydney, University of Sydney
  • UC College, University of Canberra
  • Western Sydney University International College
  • Western Sydney University, Sydney Campus

Talk to Us Today!


    Date of birth*


    Phone number*


    Highest qualification*

    Preferred study destination*

    Preferred study level*

    Preferred counselling method*

    Preferred consultation date

    Preferred office*

    How did you hear about us?